Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wet Winter Energizes Seven Falls!









Seven Falls lies in NE Tucson and is a prized wonder in the middle of the Sonoran Desert. Over the past five or six years, the falls has withered to a trickle due to recent drought conditions. This month, with above average precipitation and snow melt, the falls is now at full splendor. With this vision in mind, I set out this afternoon to visit the falls, but was slowed by the heavy stream flow and the need to ford the stream in a number of places. In the pictures, you can see how the trail begins as a paved road, than a major path that than narrows to a footpath. Along the way, I spotted one lady putting plastic bags around her shoes to wade through the water. How ingenious I thought, as I went forward with my shoes tied around my neck! Perhaps next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment