Monday, December 13, 2010

"Winter Travel Adventure!"




Perhaps my blog absence has been noticed, perhaps not, but for the past two weeks, I have felt like "hammered dog meat", almost literally. It all started when I boarded an early morning flight from Tucson to the Twin Cities of Minnesota on Thursday, December 2nd. From almost the moment I arrived, I had the worst cold, fever and sore throat that I could ever remember. Doing anything was out of the question, and hot chicken soup, plenty of fluids and tea were the order of the day. By the following Wednesday, after a visit to Urgent Care, I was back in the air, ending a trip that was really cut short by illness. Little did I know, however, that I left "Dodge", just in time, because what followed was one heck of a blizzard and snowstorm in the Twin Cities. In fact, the snowfall was the 5th largest on record. Since returning, my life is quietly returning to normal. My congestion and cough are gone, and I am blissfully enjoying temperatures almost 80 degrees warmer. In fact, Tucson had a record temperature of 84 degrees today. It was with this nice weather, that I did take some time to hike and climb in Saquaro National Park which is near my home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you've recovered your health. I'm sorry we didn't get to play any tennis while you were in the capital of snow and cold. Next time.

    ReplyDelete