Sunday, March 6, 2011

Freezing Temperatures hit Southern Arizona!






On February 4th, Tucson had some of the lowest temperatures on record, even down to single digits in the evening, lasting over three nights. According to reports, these temperatures and their length were the coldest temperatures on record in 101 years. Now there is a record, if I have ever heard one!!

These very cold temperatures were so severe that pipes ruptured, fountains froze, crops died and sensitive vegatation like my cacti came to be casualites. Here are some photos which I took today in my yard.

2 comments:

  1. I saw at the Accenture Golf Championship in Marana that there was snow on the ground. My parents want to retire down there, they love golf and on their last visit down there they fell in love with some luxury Arizona real estate at Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain residences. I think that would be an ideal retirement location. Do you think Southern Arizona is a good spot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your blog and detailed articles! Will be back often to read more updates! Thanks for this.

    Arizona real estate

    ReplyDelete