Monday, April 19, 2010

Back yard landscaping and a new tree for the back yard!






Besides playing USTA tennis this weekend, I was on a mission to buy some new cacti for the back yard and to replace a a dead "butterfly bush/tree" with a "scarlet bottle brush" tree. When I finished planting the bottle brush tree in the back yard near the kitchen, I took a step back to admire my work, and to say the least, I was very pleased. The tree is really beautiful and it is my understanding that with time the tree will branch out, and that the scarlet flowers, which are about 6" will really attract the hummingbirds!

While looking for cacti, I went to several nurseries and was amazed at the variety and the number of small cacti gardens that are distributed around the country from Tucson.

No comments:

Post a Comment