According to legend, Taboule was also known as Cleopatra's salad. The main ingredients of taboule are parsley and bulgur wheat. It makes a wonderful dish. It's often served with lamb, but it is equally good by itself or on a bed of lettuce with feta cheese sprinkled on top. Taboule can also be served on a sandwich, wheat or regular bread, on pita bread, or wrapped in a burrito. Most important, Taboule is a health conscious meal that can also be garnished with sliced cucumbers and carrots. Please try and enjoy!
The recipe for Tabouli is as follow if one works from 1 box of NEAR EAST TABOULI mix.
- In large bowl, combine wheat and contents of Spice Sack. Stir in 1 cup boiling water. Cover, let stand 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Chop three small roma tomatoes, 1/2 red onion, 1/3 cup black olives and a half clump of parsley.
- After chopping, stir above items into the large bowl with TABOULI mix from the refrigerator.
- Add and stir in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Cover and then chill for 1 hour or overnight. Toss well again before serving.